Dream With Me (Keynotes, Presentations, and Workshops)
|Inquire About Booking Me|
Making the Shift
This keynote is all about embracing change. Change is an emotional event for everyone. It can bring equal levels of fear, excitement, and uncertainty. Through practical examples, research driven implementation tools, and relationships we tackle the challenges of doing what's best for our students.
3 Keys to Unlocking Potential
In this keynote I will address what I believe are the 3 keys to unlocking potential. Potential in our students, our educators, and our community. Lets unlock the untapped potential in every individual together.
What's Next in Learning
This keynote takes a fun and exciting look at the latest in learning. Join me as we learn how to dig through onslaught of educational buzzwords and the latest technologies to find the right fit for our students and community of learners.
Be the Light in Someone Else's Tunnel
Relationships trump everything. You can master standardized test, embed the best teaching practices, and have the most state-of-the-art facilities but if you don't have relationships, then it won't last. Lets be reminded that students aren't numbers, teachers aren't tools, and we all need a little more light in our lives.
It's Just Citizenship
In this keynote we tear down the notion that somehow digital citizenship is something different than just being a good person. We'll look at building empathy, compassion, and respect in the classroom, the cafeteria, the community, and yes, even on social media. I will share examples and resources for parents and educators on how to help students become good citizens.
What Do They Want?
What are we preparing students for? What are colleges and business leaders looking for in their next student/employee? In this keynote I will share the latest research around college and career readiness. We will examine what technical and soft skills are important and how we can engage our universities and local businesses to ensure we are preparing our students for their future in our community.
Technology is not neutral and it has had a profound effect on our schools and community. This powerful and engaging keynote looks at how technology magnifies everything, for better or for worse. We will look at how we leverage technology for learning, use it to magnify our strengths, and overcome our weaknesses.
These are available in 1 hour breakouts and up to half-day workshops
- Transformational Leadership
- From Innovation to Implementation
- Why People Should Follow You
- Sustaining Initiatives
- When Innovations Fail
- Identifying Tools for My Classroom
- Implementing Chromebooks
- How G Suite It Is
- What Does A Successful 1:1 Look Like...in my classroom...in my school...in my district?
- 1:1 Classroom Management Tips & Tricks
- Digital Citizenship and the Digital Native Myth
- Loud Noises, Bear Attacks, and Other Things That Distract Learners
- Stay Fresh: How to stay in touch with the classroom once you've left it
- Engaging Your Community
- Creating Voice and Choice for Your Students...Your Teachers...Your Leaders
- Building a Initiative Campaign
- Project Based Learning is the Main Course, Not the Dessert
- From Data Informed to Data Driven
- Creating Meaningful Faculty Meetings
- Team Building and Ice Breakers
- Buzzword Balderdash: Finding the real meaning behind what your principal/superintendent is asking you to do.