6 Things to Look Forward to in 2013I'm back!! It feels like forever since I wrote a blog post. I ended 2012 with an interview with Arne Duncan and then The 12 Days of Dreaming Project. Both of them were a lot of fun and I appreciate all of the great feedback I've received. There is more to come with The 12 Days of Dreaming and I hope to be announcing that soon. #teaser
The end of 2012 was a crazy and exciting time for my family. I am now the Director of Technology for Greater Clark County Schools in Jeffersonville, IN. I am sure that I will be writing a lot about my experience leading a district in this position. Consequently my family and I moved two hours east to a new city.
Now that the second semester has started, we're all moved, I'm at my new job, and my kids are in their new school I plan on getting back in the habit of blogging. Every Tuesday and Thursday morning there will be a new blog on Education Dreamer. I will write most of them but I did enjoy having some guest bloggers and I hope to have some more in the future.
I just wanted to write this post to say that I'm glad to be getting into a new routine. I want to say a big THANK YOU to all of my Evansville friends, family, and coworkers. I was blessed to live in that great city for the last 7 and a half years. It was an amazing time and I learned so much during my time there.
As I move forward there are several things I am looking forward to the rest of this school year and throughout 2013. These are in no certain order.
- Learning - Every time I have "moved up" in my career it has simply meant that I have had to become a better learning. I can not imagine what I'm about to learn this year.
- Promoting - For me, there is nothing more fun than promoting the amazing works of teachers and students.
- Starting a 1:1 - One of the big task that I've been asked to do is to lead our district into a 1:1 initiative. It's going to be exciting!
- Failing - This ties into the learning because as much as I learn during my times of success, I often learn as much, if not more, from my failures. Plus if we are failing at some things then that means we are truly stretching ourselves.
- Introducing - I am going to have the great pleasure to introduce you to some amazing folks in my new district. Also, I'm going to get to introduce them to all of you.
- eLearning Conference - The Indiana Department of Ed has awarded us a grant to host a summer eLeraning conference. More to come on this in the future!
Needless to say, I am pumped! Thank you to all of you who have followed along in 2012! There is a lot of things to look forward to in 2013!